Wow this is my first recipe blog. Thanks to all those who asked me the recipe :)
Ok this is not a an 100% original recipe. While browsing for some interesting recipes I had come across this one. I had made the ravioli sheets myself have listed the recipe below.
After all the travel around the world I have put on a good amount of weight so i made this one without any cheese or cream.
Without further ado here's the recipe:
1 cup Whole wheat flour / refined flour (I had used a mix of both)
salt to taste
water for kneading soft dough
egg eaters can add 1 egg (I havent tried)
1 bunch of spinach
1/2 cup mint leaves
7-8 garlic cloves (adjust as per your taste)
salt & pepper for seasoning
7-8 tomatoes pureed
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1-2 tsp sugar as per taste
1 onions finely chopped
cheese for garnishing
1. Blanch the spinach with some salt and then chop it.
2. In a mixer add the mint leaves, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil (be generous with this) and make a paste.
3. Mix the spinach and mint pesto. Add seasoning as needed. If you dont want extra minty flavor keep 2 portions of spinach and 1 portion of mint pesto.
You can also add cheese if you like.
1. Mix the flour, salt and water and knead the dough. Keep in fridge for half an hour.
2. Make around 4 medium sized balls.
3. Roll each of them and then using a round cutter (cookie cutter / steel glass) cut around 5-6 sheets.
4. Reuse the remaining edges and make more sheets.
5. Now take one ravioli sheet and place one spoon of stuffing on it. Then place another sheet on top of it and seal the edges by pinching it. You can apply some water if required (I had pinched and folded the pinch like gujiya)
6. Make all the raviolis as per step 5.
7. Take water in a pan and bring it to boil. Slowly add the raviolis and let them cook in the boiling water. Once the ravioli rises to the top turn it and then remove after a minute.
8. Raviolis are ready.
1. In a pan add some olive oil and put it on heat. Once hot add some cumin seeds. Then add onion and saute till soft.
2. Add the pureed tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar and bring to boil.
Place the raviolis in a bowl and pour the sauce on top. Garnish with some cheese. Serve hot with a side of bread.